MC / SPDM 78529
Management & Senior Executive, Other
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
London / Milton Keynes
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Rural sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Strategic Programme Delivery Manager that will manage the service and wellbeing programme within a region, ensuring the highest possible standards with regard to value, quality, safety & time, as well as develop the wellbeing agenda within the region; leading on key programmes and projects, destination development and pathways for the public to make greater use of the waterways, and coordinates and delivers volunteer led restoration plans and projects in accordance with the Trust’s Restoration Strategy.
Location: South East Region (Milton Keynes / London)
Tenure: Interim 3 – 6 Month Possible Perm thereafter
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Strategic Programme Delivery Manager’s Core Duties
- Development of the Regional Annual Business Plan.
- Development and delivery of strategic programmes and projects
- Community roots/beauty on the doorstep/community safety. Establish and implement a local project plan for the successful delivery of the required outputs in each of these projects
- Customer Service Improvements Project Delivery. Develop delivery programme and targets with appropriate delivery partner and agree specifications with appropriate specialist teams.
- Destinations and attractions Work with colleagues within the Trust and relevant stakeholders to identify, develop and implement destinations and attraction on the regions waterways
- Restoration - Manage the agreed restoration project programme and act as a link between the volunteers and our regional and national technical experts. Provide direct on-site supervision of all volunteer restoration groups and societies.
- Display the Trust values and behaviours at all times
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promote inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust’s policies and values.
Strategic Programme Delivery Manager’s Skills required
- Experience of delivering successful programmes, on time and to budget.
- Experience of effective and efficient delivery processes, cost control, performance measures and reporting.
- Proven experience of living and translating organisational values and behaviours to a range of audiences.
- Experience of operational management in a visitor / infrastructure network environment that delivers an excellent customer service or visitor experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Proven track record of successful people leadership and management.
- Substantial experience of improving and maintaining motivation and engagement within teams and of demonstrating a strong people focus.
- Good financial management and resource planning experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Professional qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent is desirable
- Membership of a relevant professional body to an appropriate level is desirable
- Experience of utilising and developing volunteers within work programmes.
Strategic Programme Delivery Manager’s Safety Responsibilities
- Lead by example, ensure your team take responsibility for the safety of colleagues, volunteers, themselves and customers. Comply with Canal & River Trust’s Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Investigate and report incidents, accidents and near misses. Ensure safe use of appropriate equipment, prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements ensuring contents are understood and acted upon.
- To be aware of your own responsibilities regarding safeguarding and to support our commitment to providing safe environments and working practises that promote and protect the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk at all times.
Are you enthusiastic about the Strategic Programme Delivery Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today.