General & Other, Other
£55,000 to £125,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) that has an excellent track record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical companies.
A dynamic self-starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organisation. The post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective global account strategy through collaboration with Strategic Account Team members, the Custom Solution Team and Customer Training. A strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users with the ability to clearly articulate an in depth understanding of the company’s Product, Platform and Solution will be essential.
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 + £60k OTC Total OTE £115,000 to £125,000
Strategic Account Manager’s Main Duties:
- To achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals and to grow revenues from within existing accounts.
- To prepare an account plan for each organisation which includes an implementation schedule of Total Account Management.
- Lead SAM will be responsible for creating and updating account profiles.
- Devise overall strategy for each assigned “lead” account, with the help of the Regional Sales Manager and other support functions.
- Present account strategy to all SAM’s and allocate actions.
- Chair regularly scheduled account development meetings with peer and Executive Committee to develop account awareness within organization.
- SAM team will be charged with developing, adapting and ultimately owning the sales strategy for each account.
- Acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of products and retain up-to-date.
- Report back from customer training sessions; recording customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and actioning follow-up as required.
- Maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- Liaise effectively with internal departments (Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department) to maximise sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- Maintain customer satisfaction with all services and functions.
- Deputise for team members and line manager as and when required.
- Take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for self.
Strategic Account Manager’s Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc Degree, or higher, with a Life Sciences focus is desirable.
- A track record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical companies.
- A keen ability to extend the customer contact base through to new business channels and to develop the strategic alignment to customer.
- Appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of the Drug Development market and its key drivers.
- Able to present an appreciation of the competitive landscape of the Pharma sectors.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers through a conscientious and driven approach with excellent customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal and interpersonal presentation.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers, from Heads of Information, Research & Development, Informatics and Regulatory within large Pharma.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organised and disciplined team player in regard to policy, procedure and standards.
- Good organisational skills with ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environment