MC/ SSE 328957
Database Developer, Developer, Information Technology , Java Developer, Network Engineer, Other, Software Developer, Software Tester, Web Designer, Web Developer
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
+ Bens + Poss extra for right candidate
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a highly successful organisation based in Central London.
The world leader in brand protection—is looking for a strong, talented, multi-tasking Senior Software Engineer to join our Anti-Piracy Engineering team in London. You will design, develop, implement and test innovative anti-piracy solutions, working on leading edge technology and Cloud environments.
Working in an Agile, solution-driven development team on a variety of projects, ranging from maintaining their existing systems to building new, cutting edge solutions. Reporting to the Development Manager, you must have a passion for the best development practices, latest technology and solving challenging technical problems.
Senior Software Engineer’s Main Duties:
- Design and develop market leading Anti-Piracy solutions.
- Build highly available distributed systems.
- Investigate various electronic devices and network protocols.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Support non-technical members of staff.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Maintain and optimize our current systems.
- Monitor and assist software releases by coordinating work with various teams across the globe.
- There will be occasions when this role will need to undertake monitoring activities out of normal workday hours.
Senior Software Engineer’s Education/Qualifications:
- Excellent experience with Java (5+ years).
- At least 7 years of development experience.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of software design (OOP, SOLID principles, design patterns and UML).
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms (Kafka/JMS/etc.).
- Exposure to big data/NoSQL systems and the issues that arise from working with large data sets.
- Experience with system administration (Apache, MySQL, Nagios).
- Experience with cloud computing (ideally AWS).
- Experience of automating build deployments, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Excellent experience of the Linux command line.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently.
- Ability to leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging, security and persistence when appropriate.
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Demonstrable experience of working on high capacity, high availability systems.
- Strong understanding of networking, TCP/IP and HTTP protocols.
- Strong cooperation and collaboration skills; motivation for sharing knowledge.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- A consummate communicator, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of Hadoop
- Good knowledge of PHP.
- Tracked experience with web crawling.
- Experience with Amazon S3, EMR.
- Experience with HBase, Solr, Kafka, MapReduce and other Open Source technologies.
- Experience with IPTV deployments, video transport and content distribution.
- Experience with network forensics tools.