MS SS 786900
General & Other, Other
£50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
+ Excellent Bens - Office based or fully remote Working
Flexible working (full time or part time) - remote or in London office
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Biomedical Science Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Scientist (Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis). The Senior Scientist will support the design, development and implementation of translational biomarker tests. These tests are to support pharmaceutical companies developing new medicines for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, and now COVID-19 as well.
Core Duties of the Senior Scientist (Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis)
- Designing biomarker studies according to client needs
- Developing detailed LC-MS/MS analytical method protocols for implementation by laboratory staff
- Analysing LC-MS/MS data, generated on ThermoFisher, Sciex, Waters and other triple quadrupole and high resolution instruments
- Communicating study results and scientific rationale to clients
- Liaising with laboratory staff to deliver the projects to agreed timelines and budgets
- Contributing to grant, patent applications and scientific publications.
Skills and experience required for the role of Senior Scientist (Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis)
- PhD or equivalent experience in biochemistry/ molecular biology/ analytical chemistry/ mass spectrometry or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of hands-on industry experience with LC-MS/MS platforms, including triple quadrupole mass spec systems.
- Broad experience in biomarker assay development and delivery, preferably in a regulated
- A proven track record of successful publications in peer-reviewed international scientific journals.
- Are you a mass Spectrometry Scientist that has experience in Immunoprecipitation Mass Spectrometry known as IP-MS?
- Experience in targeted proteomics, lipidomics and/or metabolomics is highly desirable.
- LC-MS/MS experience in the context of neurodegeneration research and experience in bioinformatics is an advantage.
Are you enthusiastic about Senior Scientist (Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis) job? Send us your CV in word format today