MC / PD 3893251
Building & Engineering, Business Managers, Contracts Management, Directors, Education, Facilities Management, General & Other, Leadership Team, Management & Senior Executive, Operations Director, Other, Project Management, School Managers, Senior Management
£70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum
Circa £70k, however would increase for the right candidate
City of London
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Project Management sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Manager / Programme Director to join a fabulous organisation based in the City of London.
Salary is around the £70,000 however for the right candidate they are happy to increase. They are also offering flexible working but would like a day or two presence in the office after September 2021
Tenure: Permanent (2.5 Years + Contract)
Senior Project Manager / Programme Director’s Role Purpose
This is a position for an experienced, organised and methodical project director who can work as part of a team to deliver a programme across the UK, involving a number of stakeholders. This role is to be a critical part of the management of the Government sponsored Management programme working with over 30 of the UK’s best business schools.
There will be a dedicated team working on this programme, including the Programme Co-Director five Programme Managers, four Programme Administrators, a finance manager and a number of externals recruited on a contract basis.
Salary is around the £70,000 however for the right candidate they are happy oo increase.
Senior Project Manager / Programme Director’s Core Duties
- Help oversee the entire project, working initially with an external PMO team, but in time replacing them completely.
- Help develop programme maps and measure progress against them
- Help coordinate activities with the participating business schools according to the agreement with Government.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained on all relevant activities.
- Work closely with the participating business schools, building up strong and trusted relationships.
- Ensure a consistent approach to the project from all participating partners.
- Produce accurate and informative reports according to the requirements laid out.
- Keep the Programme Champion informed on progress and any current or potential issues.
- Potentially line manage some of the Programme Managers.
- Help maintain accurate records on the website.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate relationship management contact records and the key documents required to administer the award scheme.
- Develop timelines/schedules as and when required and ensure timelines are adhere to.
- Attend/organise meetings including with Government and external stakeholders.
Senior Project Manager / Programme Director’s Key Experience
- Project Director experience involving Government as a stakeholder
- Financial record keeping
- Administrative record keeping that is clear, accurate and informative
- Developing and implementing new ideas/ projects
- Working with a number of different stakeholders
- Dealing sensitively and responding appropriately to a variety of stakeholders
- Working in or with an SME and/or a business school
- Knowledge of UK system of higher education, would be desirable
- Knowledge of UK business and management education, would be desirable
- Knowledge of the Chartered ABS and its activities, would be desirable
- Knowledge of the UK system of Government, would be desirable
- Education to degree level (or equivalent qualification).
- Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2)
Are you enthusiastic about the Senior Project Manager / Programme Director’s job? Send us your CV in word format today