MC / SMW 280587
General & Other, Other
£45,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the medical communications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Medical Writer to join a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Their Scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give their global clients confidence that they will deliver excellence.
Senior Medical Writer’s Core Duties
The Senior Medical Writer role provides leadership in the delivery of accurate and well-written medical and scientific communications. The role is office-based, and involves a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- providing strategic and scientific input to a range of projects and proposals
- undertaking literature research, analysing data, and providing critical appraisal
- developing evidence-based text for various types of communication, including manuscripts, training programmes (paper-based and e-learning), and value dossiers
- generating specialist communication pieces for the purposes of issue handling and information sharing
- attending international Advisory Boards and other scientific meetings, before preparing strategic meeting minutes or follow-up reports
- providing creative input to the visual development of materials
- preparing slide kits and supporting texts
- working in close collaboration with a team of editors, project managers, and clients.
In addition to content creation, the Senior Medical Writer is also responsible for managing, coaching, and mentoring other medical writers. Project management aspects of the role include contributing to the scoping of projects and to financial planning; business development aspects include providing scientific expertise for new business pitches and the preparation of proposal documents.
Senior Medical Writer’s Key Experience
- strong scientific background
- a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above)
- at least three years of experience in medical writing.
- postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
- must have a passion for accurate and effective scientific communication, with a keen eye for detail.
- exceptional command of written English.
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills.
- a willingness to travel is also required.