MC STM 633866
Accountant, Compliance, Finance, Finance & Accountancy, Mergers & Acquisation, Tax Management, Treasury
£90,000 to £115,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Tax & Accounting sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Direct Tax Manager who will be part of the London-based tax team with responsibility for direct tax matters in the UK, Europe, India, Africa and Australasia.
Senior Direct Tax Manager’s Core Duties
- Support management by coordinating, implementing and managing projects, ensuring their proper and efficient tax evaluation and execution.
- Build strong relationships with other business functions including Treasury, Legal, the International Finance team and Business Operations teams.
- Assist in group-wide restructuring, transfer pricing and M&A projects
- Manage and oversee country specific tax issues, including tax audits, liaison with internal and external audit team to ensure timely delivery of requests.
- Manage the completion of the tax reporting matters for the quarter and annual reports including the preparation and oversight of the tax expense, deferred taxes, valuation allowances and contingency reserves.
- Tax reconciliations and support for statutory and revenue audits
- Instructing local advisers and managing the completion of tax returns including all related analysis, research memos and support, including some transfer pricing aspects and estimated tax submissions.
- Assist with identifying, researching and implementing tax savings strategies.
- Understanding compliance guidelines with US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations.
- Technical tax research on various matters
- Implement, maintain and report SOX tax controls and processes over the UK and Rest of World tax process.
Senior Direct Tax Manager’s Skills required
- University Degree
- Professional accounting qualification (chartered accountant preferred)
- Big 4 experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience working in tax required
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex tax issues
- Proficient in accounting, reconciliations, debits, credits, and ability to read financial statements
- Solid Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and computer knowledge
Are you enthusiastic about the Senior Direct Tax Manager job? Send us your CV in word format today