MA CT 866711
Bricklayer, Caretakers, Carpenter, Education, Electrician, Estates Manager, Facilities Managers, Heating Engineer, Painter, Plumber / Mechanical fitter, Premises Officers /Managers, Primary School, School Managers, Trades & Labour
£19,500 to £21,700 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a School Caretaker / Handy person, Premises Officer to join and look after a lovely school and grounds. The work involves carrying out a range of duties to ensure the safe and secure opening and closure of the school and upkeep and maintenance of the buildings and site.
The role is offered on an All Year Round basis, working Monday to Friday. Ideally, we would like the School Caretaker / Handy person, Premises Officer to work 2 shifts per day working 37.5 hours per week, flexibility of the hours below.
- AM Shift – 7.30am to 9.00 (7.5 hrs)
- PM Shift – 12.00pm to 6pm (30 hrs)
We will accept applications from candidates wishing to cover either the AM or PM shift only too.
From time to time you may be asked to vary your hours for school events Cover of lettings may also be required, which is paid as overtime.
School Caretaker / Handy person, Premises Officer’s Core Duties
- Security of the school's buildings and grounds
- Operation of the school's heating systems
- General porterage duties including movement of furniture and equipment within the school
- Daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas of the school, security, building and grounds according to schedule of work
- Handyperson duties which may include:
- minor repairs to furniture and fixtures
- minor plumbing tasks
- decorating tasks
- Supervision of cleaning staff or monitoring of and liaison with contract cleaning staff (as appropriate)
- Liaison with contractors and ensuring that they work in accordance with their agreed schedule of works and within health and safety guidelines
- Carrying out the annual cycle of portable electrical appliance testing
- Carrying out legionella checks of the water systems
- Such other duties which may arise from the use of the premises
- Contribute to a working environment which supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
School Caretaker / Handy person, Premises Officer’s Skills required
- Experience of working in school or similar environment
- Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of a wide range of users of the school
- Knowledge of efficient cleaning methods and material is desirable (COSSH)
- Evidence of success in completing handyperson or DIY tasks (paid or unpaid)
- Portable Appliance Testing training, would be useful, full training will be given
- Asbestos Awareness training, would be useful, full training will be given
- Legionella Awareness, full training will be given
- Awareness of the requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post.
- General DIY and painting and decorating skills.
- Experience using domestic power tools for appropriate repair and maintenance tasks
- Able to complete and pass a criminal record enhanced check (DBS)
Are you enthusiastic about the School Caretaker / Handy person, Premises Officer job? Send us your CV in word format today