MS / Care 5597035
Building & Engineering, Caretakers, Education, Engineer, Estates Manager, Facilities Management, Facilities Managers, General & Other, Health & Safety, Other, Other, Other, Premises Officers /Managers, Project Management, Site Manager
£20,000 to £22,000 Per Annum
Pro-rate Temp to perm
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a School Caretaker to join a fabulous school based in Compton, Chichester.
Band £20,159 - £21,841 FTE
Pro Rata £13,620 - £14,757, 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Hours Monday to Friday 12:00 - 5pm with a 30 minute break
Duration Temp to Perm
School Caretaker’s Job Purpose
To manage the utilisation of the School premises and associated facilities for both educational and allied usage ensuring the premises are presented at all times in a clean, secure, safe and well-maintained state.
School Caretaker’s Core Duties
- To assist the Senior Site Manger in the management and operational delivery of an effective and responsive facilities management provision which meets the needs of the academy.
- Supervision of the Cleaning team, organisation of continuous cover during the school session and for the duration of external hires, outside the normal school day.
- Organisation of plans and procedures for emergency situations and liaison with emergency services.
- Acting as a key holder for the academy and attending emergency call outs when necessary.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the work of all contractors, ensuring compliance with legislation and school procedure, whilst checking that all agreed works have been completed satisfactorily, and follow up on any deficiencies as required.
- Oversight of general security and arrangements for locking and unlocking of all premises, responding to enquiries from individuals/visitors to the school.
- Support the Senior Site Manager in monitoring and ensuring the recording of regular checks on fire alarms, extinguishers, burglar alarms, residual current devices and visual checks of electrical fittings. Ensure that access to fire exits and equipment are free from obstruction
- Carry out general maintenance and oversee the movement, reception and storage of furniture, equipment, supplies etc.
- Report in accordance with agreed procedures any trespass on the premises, damage from intruders and unauthorised parking of vehicles.
- Oversee building cleaning standards and/or frequencies to ensure that work is carried out to a high specification.
- Assist the Senior Site Manager with the monitoring of all building services including alarm systems, gas, electricity, water, sewerage, heating and ventilation, and in the event of breakdown or a defect, supervise any corrective actions, engaging when necessary with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Site Manager in managing the minibus fleet at the academy.
- To take responsibility for the duties associated with cleaning and maintenance of the swimming pool, including testing, covering, etc.
- Undertake checks and maintain records to meet statutory health and safety requirements e.g. COSHH, legionella, fire alarms etc.
School Caretaker’s Requirements
- Basic training in one or more of the following: plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems
- Considerable experience of minor maintenance (DIY or professional)
- Experience of dealing with variety of stakeholders in person, by email, and on the telephone
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety relating to the post
- Ability for some heavy lifting, physical fitness appropriate to tasks required
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team, taking responsibility and prioritising work and meeting challenging deadlines
- Current DBS check would be highly advantageous
- Experience working in an education environment would be desirable
- Experience of working in grounds maintenance
Are you enthusiastic about the School Caretaker’s Job? Send us your CV in word format today