MS RA 643424
Marketing & Business Development, Other
£24,000 to £27,000 Per Annum
Flexible working + 31 days holiday
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Research sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Research Assistant. This is a fantastic role to work on a nationwide programme, which is part of the government’s package of business support to help businesses to recover and grow following the pandemic. The Research Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of the research activities, data analysis and publication of reports.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and enterprising team based in the heart of the City of London. This is a progressive employer and the post-holder will play a key role in supporting our research to ensure it contributes to our thought leadership, lobbying and knowledge sharing. This is an important position that requires an intelligent, articulate and professionally presented individual.
Flexible working 3 Days from Home + excellent benefits 31 days holiday + Bank Holidays!
Research Assistant’s Core Duties
- Support the Research Manager in carrying out research and writing reports to be published for dissemination to members, policy makers, stakeholders and the press.
- Analyse higher education data, such as HESA, NSS and other relevant data to support our reports, lobbying and press statements.
- Support the administration and analysis of regular and ad-hoc surveys of relevance and benefit to our members, for example the Annual Membership Survey.
- Provide administrative support Research and Learning, Teaching & Student Experience committees and any ad-hoc taskforces.
- Support the Research Manager in collating evidence for and drafting written responses to national consultation exercises.
- Engage with and listen to the membership and observe other trends to help inform new activities
Research Assistant’s Skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to turncomplex information into plain English
- Highly numerate and logical thinker
- Ability to identify, prepare and analyse data from a range of different sources, including the development of new methods of research, as required
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with internal and external stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to manage successful, complex projects without supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods, and survey design
Research Assistant’s Key Experience
- Experience in the production of policy or research papers for a variety of audiences
- Experience in data analysis from a range of different sources.
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of IT tools including Outlook, Word, particularly Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a policy, research or data analysis role.
- Education to degree level (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience of work within an educational institution; policy stakeholder body; research consultancy; or government body, would be advantageous
Are you enthusiastic about the Research Assistant job? Send us your CV in word format today