Building & Engineering, Engineer, General & Other, Health & Safety, Other, Other, Project Management
£30,000 Per Annum
Possibly slightly higher for the right candidate
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the health & safety & Quality Sectors. We have an excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer to develop and assure the application of an adequate control system aimed to guarantee the customer expected quality.
Quality Engineer’s Core Duties
- Quality process controls are properly engineered, based on ISO:9001 rules, on Customer Specific Requirements, on the feasibility analysis and PFMEA results.
- Quality process controls are in place and are operating as specified to ensure the expectedquality, fully compliant and effective quality system is applied, operating in a safe, clean and well-ordered environment (5S Approach).
- Inspection under direct quality staff responsibility at all stages of production against the design specification are carry out.
- First off inspection
- In process inspection
- Running CMM programs
- Keep the Quality areas in order and clean according to 5S method.
- Calibration - Internal and external controls, booking of external calibration activities
- Control of non-conforming product, ensuring that parts are correctly entered into casting and setting registers and reporting details to management.
- Identify and recommend potential improvements at the quality system, for example at thecontrol plans, quality instructions, PFMEAs, in order to welcome lessons learned and new requirements
This is a hands-on position where flexibility and a desire to constantly improve are the most relevant soft skills to assure a systematic company improvement.
The role requires a strong cross functional relationship to be built and the ability to produce management reports and communicate key issues effectively on a regular basis to all staff, customers and suppliers.
Quality Engineer’s Skills required
- HNC (Higher National Certificate) / HND (Higher National Diploma) with elements mainly on mechanical and quality qualifications.
- Experience in quality control in automotive field, particularly on machined components
- Knowledge TS16949 quality systems
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of IS09001.
- Basic IT skills, including Microsoft office
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings (ISO Standard).
- Knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerances GD & T.
- Ability to interpret and understand specific customer quality standards and requirements
- Ability to select and use basic measuring equipment, micrometres, calipers, protractors etc
- Ability to use standard gauging including plug, gap, acceptance etc
- CNC CMM operating (selecting and running programs)
Are you enthusiastic about the Quality Engineer’s job? Send us your CV in word format today