AT/ QC 471146
General & Other, Other
£17,500 to £22,000 Per Annum
Scintillant specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a QC Laboratory Technician to join a highly successful organisation based in Botolph Claydon.
The successful candidate will work with a small team to carry out tasks in the QC department, to report results clearly and promptly.
QC Laboratory Technician’s Main Duties:
- Inoculation of Quality Control samples.
- Preparation of agar, agar plates and media.
- Routine operation and maintenance of the Bactec Blood Culture analysing system.
- Conduct commercial product Quality Control testing in accordance with UKAS Accreditation Standard ISO 17025.
- Assist in maintenance and calibration of equipment and record management.
- Check and maintain stocks of laboratory consumables.
- Deputise for the Coordinator in their absence on specified tasks.
- Conduct specific commercial product manufacture activities.
- Assist with development of production improvements.
- Preparation and despatch of materials for gamma irradiation.
- Carry out project work as required.
- Maintain laboratories in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Conduct environmental monitoring where required.
QC Laboratory Technician’s Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- An A level in a science subject.
- Basic microbiology knowledge.
- Some laboratory experience.
- Competent with Word, Excel and Microsoft Office programmes
- Basic understanding of ISO 17025 standard
- Training will be provided on: