MW / Pump 249465
Building & Engineering, Civil Engineer, Electrician, Engineer, Other, Other, Trades & Labour, Utilities
£25,000 to £27,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Pump & Monitoring Equipment Service Technician to join a highly successful organisation based in Kings Langley.
The principal functions of this position are to carry out the preparation of 3-phase pumping equipment, environmental and geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring equipment.
Our client offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Pump & Monitoring Equipment Service Technician’s Core Duties
- Responsible for keeping the pump service and electrical preparation workshop areas clean, tidy and well organised
- Responding to requests from co-workers to procure and prepare equipment
- Ensure all aspects of work and process are carried out in line with Health and Safety guidelines
- Liaising with SHEQ Manager to improve yard operations and facilities.
- Ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and that all plant, equipment and materials that leave’s the yard is clean, well presented, in good working order and to specification at all times.
- Unloading and dispatch of equipment to and from site
- Preparation, Servicing and Testing of Pumping Equipment Prior to Delivery to Site
- Prepare & test 3-phase electric pumps (typically 1 - 37kw)
- Connect pump cables using heat shrink and/or resin joints.
- Cleaning, testing and recording pumping plant returned to stores and ensure appropriate storage
- Complete calibration and commissioning tests on all pumping equipment
- Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of electrical pumping equipment.
- Test function of dataloggers in yard environment.
- Test Electronic Alarm Units and prepare connection leads.
- Complete calibration tests on selected equipment
- Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of monitoring equipment.
- Check functionality of instruments and sensors, including vibrating wire transducers, 4-20 mA sensors and electromagnetic flowmeters.
- Ordering of signal cables for site installation.
- Building of pressure/vacuum switch alarm units.
Pump & Monitoring Equipment Service Technician’s Key Experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical engineering background
- Experience with BS7671:2008 would be desirable, but not essential
- 17th edition wiring regulations qualification would be highly advantageous
- Awareness of electrical and mechanical safety and hazards.
- Previous experience in pump servicing required and basic electronics, instrumentation, and telemetry would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to use computer for email, MS word and excel.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and a practical mindset.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today