MH / PM 438325
Account Manager, Marketing, Marketing & Business Development, Product Manager
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
+ Car, Excellent Bens, 1 day from Home
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Marketing Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Product Manager to Join a global Automobile Manufacturer based in Epsom.
Salary up to £50,000, possibly slightly higher for the right candidate + Car & bens & flexible working for 1 day per week from home
Product Manager’s Core Purpose
- To manage the vehicle product planning and development activities within your portfolio of products in order to support the brand achievement of the Long Range Plan objectives.
- To plan each product in terms of price, specification and volume by trim, engine, option and channel mix over the product lifecycle in order to optimise net contribution margin.
- To deliver the volume and net contribution margin targets of each model within the portfolio as defined in the annual business plan.
- To lead the new product launch activity for models within the portfolio, ensuring all project milestones are established and all cross departmental work packages are achieved. The implementation of new vehicle launch activity requires regular project updates with the executive team.
- To ensure effective stock management by steering production order requests by model volume, trim and engine at the monthly production order meetings.
- To ensure optimal run out of existing models and run in of new models, in the portfolio this requires all new model launch proposals to evaluate sell out incentives required for run out stock.
- Act as champion for all products in portfolio, leading internal and dealer awareness, optimising sales positioning, seeking out opportunities for improved volume and profit and integrating Company-wide activities
- Specification and pricing decisions, volume and mix forecasting
- Maximise profitability and volume of product portfolio and identify key business opportunities for growth through product actions
- Support internal partners in maintaining the strongest possible positioning for products in portfolio, including Sales Operations, Finance, Communications, PR, Events, Training and Aftersales
- Provide specification and pricing decisions for factory order in line with introduction of new models, ensuring all UK enhancements conform to the above
- Communication of all product information to internal parties and dealer network
- Participation in the forecasting team to analyse and recommend sales forecasts to support the business plan
Product Manager’s Key Requirements
- An experience Automotive professional with product management or Sales & Marketing experience including time at a Product Manager level or another Commercial role
- Strong project management skills
- Commercial mindset and ability to truly act as a Product Portfolio Owner
- Ability to manage and interpret detailed financial, technical and specification data
- Strong customer service orientation
- Numerate with good PC skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of automotive software packages, not essential
- Confident manner
- Good presentation skills
- Good telephone manner
- Self-motivated / positive attitude
- Team player
Are you enthusiastic about the Product Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today