MSC PCM 734582
Building & Engineering, Contracts Management, Designer, Engineer, Infrastructure, Other, Project Management, Site Manager, Surveyor
£40,000 to £57,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Transport, Logistics & Procurement sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Procurement & Contract Manager to join the Procurement and Commercial team and serve key stakeholders to develop and implement key procurement and commercial strategies across a range of projects.
Procurement & Contract Manager’s Core Duties
- Provide the necessary pre and post contract quantity surveying / commercial support on a range of one-off projects and programmes of work
- Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will deliver strategies and contracts by providing robust post-contract commercial management, which will support the project goals and objectives
- Support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
- You will be able to combine strong commercial acumen with well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience delivering large projects/programmes of work.
Procurement & Contract Manager’s Skills required
- Professional qualifications – MRICS desirable Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent along with extensive experience of contracts on projects or programmes of work of £5-30M
- Highly numerate and able to analyse and interpret numerical data along with highly developed contract drafting and writing skills, ideally with experience gained through drafting and interpreting construction contracts
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of all MS Office applications, and purchase to pay systems
- Possess the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritise requirements where necessary
- A keen eye for detail is a must as well as the ability to work methodically through a demanding workload
- You will need to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and hold the ability to influence and negotiate with users outside your own sphere of responsibility
- Experience in estimating, cost and budget management, contract administration and payment and expenditure management and dispute resolution. It would be ideal if this experience had been gained in a comparable, regulated industry however this is not essential.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today