MS MISM 3491522
Administration, Education, Leadership Team, Office Management, Office Support, Other, School Administrators, School Managers, Senior Management
£42,000 to £51,000 Per Annum
+ Bens 12 Month + Mat Contract
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a MIS Manager at a local high-performing independent school. The role is to cover maternity leave up to 12 months and will be from Monday - Friday, 8:00 am -5:00 pm, however, could be carried out on a part-time basis, and some flexibility around start ad finish times will be required due to occasional school events during the year.
The MIS Manager will take responsibility for the day-to-day support of the MIS systems across the School and will be responsible to the Director of IT. Although the role is predominantly iSAMS focused, as part of the IT Team they will be expected to perform IT support tasks as necessary.
MIS Manager’s Core Duties
- Manage and administer registration, assessment, reporting and administrative systems.
- Create and coordinate annual iSAMS tasks with emphasis on End of Year procedures
- Identify training requirements for iSAMS stakeholders and provide training internally or externally
- Arrange discussions/meetings with iSAMS stakeholders to ensure parity
- Meet regularly with iSAMS stakeholders to provide guidance
- Arrange "iSAMS user group" discussions to ensure stakeholders are up-to-date
- Create all new iSAMS user accounts and ensure appropriate levels of access
- Create and manage all "templates" and "report cycles"
- Maintain and support report sessions using the Online Assessment System and Reports Wizard
- After each assessment, ensure the academic reports are generated on Firefly
- Maintain awareness of future iSAMS software releases and the benefits
- Create Tracking Models for Departments, Head of Years, and SMT
- Liaise with the Exams Officer to ensure the smooth download of results into SIMS
- Produce data analysis spreadsheets after each assessment
- Produce Public Exams data analysis for SMT and analysis spreadsheets for relevant Heads
- Use the IT Support Helpdesk and manage their tickets.
MIS Manager’s Key Skills
- Experience of a School MIS system at both user and technical level
- Experience of managing a school assessment and reporting system.
- Have intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint, Windows Server and SQL are desirable
- Intermediate/advanced experience of Virtual Learning Environments (Firefly) is desirable
- Be personable, patient, adaptable, and able to work independently
- Be able to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
Are you enthusiastic about the MIS Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today.