MC / MT 9356489
Information Technology , Software Tester
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Manual Tester to join a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
They have hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
Manual Tester’s Core Duties
You'll be providing specialist input into testing tooling, features and hotfixes produced by the engineering team. You will be contributing to a wider range of activities including, the development and review of guidance, test plans, test scenarios, test data, risk assessment, issues, problem resolution and contribute to delivery of high quality services.
You will be using your manual testing skills to ensure consistent high quality of our product for global clients therefore experience in web application testing is essential. In return you will have the opportunity to grow your testing skills and work closely with a dynamic, exciting development team working on a world-leading platform.
Manual Tester’s Skills required
- Experience of different test methodologies and test approaches for manual testing.
- Experience of writing new (and the maintenance of existing) test plans and comprehensive test scripts to ensure the correct execution of business functionality and user requirements.
- The ability to maintain knowledge of specific software applications and provide detailed advice regarding their functionality and usage to others.
- Hands on experience of manual testing in an Agile environment.
- Experience of defining and refining test conditions and scenarios from a specification, user story or acceptance criteria in order to test complex systems.
- Experience of designing and creating test data to verify expected test results.
- Experience of identifying code defects through test execution.
Manual Tester’s Key Experience
- Experience in Regression and Functional Testing
- Ability to manually test API’s
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in Web Application Testing Essential
- Agile worker who can adapt easily, embrace change and overcome obstacles in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably ISTQB foundation, or similar qualification
- Familiarity with testing asynchronous systems, not essential
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud / AWS / Azure, not essential
- Experience testing services with REST API’s, not essential
Are you enthusiastic about the Manual Tester job? Send us your CV in word format today