A/MSL SS 666935
General & Other, Other
£28,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Scientist with experience in Life Science to join a law firm that specialises in representation of sportspeople who are the subject of anti-doping proceedings.
Life Science Liaison Professional Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Life Science Liaison Professional will be responsible for supporting anti-doping proceedings.
- Interface between legal and scientific staff in ensuring that all parties fully understand all scientific and statistical evaluations and their implications.
- Provide explanations of complex scientific text and reports so as to be fully understood by all relevant individuals.
- Whilst there will be the occasional opportunity to participate in laboratory activities, the position will be desk focused.
- A strong desire and ability to delve into the detail of the scientific/statistical elements of anti-doping cases, and to process the relevant information into a form easily understood by non-scientists/statisticians
Life Science Liaison Professional Education and Qualifications:
- A graduate with a minimum of a 1st or 2.1 at undergraduate level in a Life Science discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science.
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline would be desirable.
- Strong first-hand experience in statistical evaluations, including commonly used statistical packages.
- Fully conversant with all routine Office IT packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Life Science Liaison Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Life Science Laboratory
- Experience in or having a qualification in the legal sector would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience in the Sports Sector is not essential but would be an advantage.
- A keen interest in a wide variety of sports
- Fluent in English
- The right to live and work in the UK
- The ability to speak languages other than English would be of value.