MG LS 555927
£18,000 to £20,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Legal sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join the Commercial Property team of this prestigious law firm.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to several fee earners within a busy Commercial Property team.
The role will involve working with large documents (including formatting), assisting with billing and dealing with clients. Candidates must possess previous relevant experience; strong typing skills and the ability to use a digital dictation system.
This role is 35 hours per week, 09:00am – 5:00pm.
Legal Secretary’s Core Duties
- Audio typing via digital dictation system and copy typing drafts to finished items
- Composing letters to clients, solicitors and various other stakeholders
- Diary management including setting reminders for fee earners, arranging appointments, meetings, lunches, travel and accommodation
- Preparing bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests
- Meeting with clients to obtain identification documents, preparing the relevant forms for a file to be opened on the Firm’s case management system
- Preparing engagement letters and completion statements to clients
- Looking after various fee earners files in their absence and exchanging contracts and completing matters (when authorised)
- Answering external calls on behalf of fee earners when they are not available
- File closures including checking the accounts system to ensure that all disbursements have been cleared and that there is no money left on client account
- Managing incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgements and replying to various stakeholders when necessary
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Legal Secretary’s Key Experience
- Must have previous experience in a legal secretary role
- Must have experience working with large documents
- Experience in Commercial Property an advantage
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today