MW /ITT 387356
Helpdesk, Information Technology , Support
£23,337 to £0 Per Annum
Great Cambourne, Cambs
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Technician to join an amazing worthwhile charity based in Great Cambourne, Cambs.
The IT Technician ensures that support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner, by either completing requests themselves or raising them with the IT Manager where necessary. You will also assist in the maintenance and development of the IT systems.
Hybrid Working Arrangements
IT Technician’s Core Duties
- Assist in the maintenance of the ICT network including Workstations, Servers, smart phones, and related peripherals.
- Maintain a fully up to date inventory of all hardware and software.
- Assist in the installation of new and existing hardware and software across the network.
- Set up new PCs and other hardware as required and to make sure that all newly set up hardware is left in a "ready" state for staff use.
- Administer e-mail and user groups and accounts within the organization.
- Provide telephone and email support to Staff.
- Create user accounts, manage permissions and passwords.
- Provide training and written How To guides for staff
IT Technician’s Key Experience
- Hold some IT/Computing qualifications (GCSE, BTEC, A-Level), not essential
- Hold a current driving licence and be able to use own vehicle for work purposes on occasion
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration
- Experience with computer and peripheral hardware servicing and basic repairs, desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
- A good standard of written and oral communication
- Demonstrable evidence of openness to change, flexibility and a willingness to learn new ways of doing things
- Demonstrable experience of identifying, understanding and giving priority to delivering the needs of the customer and taking responsibility for providing a service that meets customers’ needs.
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Technician job? Send us your CV in word format today.