MD / ITT 336836
Education, Helpdesk, Information Technology , Network Adminstration, Network Engineer, Other, Other, Support
£29,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the ITsector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Team Leader to join a fancitasic school based in Ditton,. Slough.
You will be working with the senior leadership team to develop and maintain high quality ICT networks and systems, which are regularly reviewed to ensure that the school’s needs are met. You will also maintain all aspects of hardware and software including installation, operation, upgrades, repair and replacement.
IT Team Leader’s Core Duties
- You shall establish and maintain good relationships with all students, colleagues and other professionals.
- You shall organise and monitor the workloads of ICT technicians and any other staff falling under this post holder’s remit to meet departmental needs including cover for absences, delegating tasks appropriately.
- You shall manage and assist in the operation of the school’s information and communication networks, undertaking appropriate repairs as necessary.
- You shall manage the effective development of the school’s information and communications networks including the school website in liaison with Your line manager and the senior leadership team (SLT).
- You shall advise and assist Your line manager and the SLT on hardware and software issues within the school including any ICT developments, relevant bids and identification of suppliers.
- You shall regularly monitor and review the performance of suppliers against contracts and service level agreements, reporting issues to Your line manager.
- You shall assist administrative staff with hardware and software operations as required by Your line manager.
- You shall ensure that staff and students have a satisfactory, robust, reliable and secure ICT environment, including back-up schemes for the curriculum and administration ICT environments.
- You shall organise and manage the installation and configuration of hardware and software as required including new releases, testing and training for staff and students.
- You shall monitor the performance of hardware, software and networks and report as required.
- You shall identify problems and ensure their prompt resolution, advising Your line manager of issues, potential improvements and projected developments.
- You shall manage the maintenance of a log of problems experienced, changes and their resolutions.
- You shall maintain and update plans and drawings of locations of equipment, switches, cabling etc.
- You shall co-ordinate the provision of live operational scheduling and monitoring as required, including integrity checking for archive/back-up data, data export for networks and other regular housekeeping and maintenance procedures.
- You shall ensure security of work on the network by maintaining a regular programme of backing-up including taped back-ups and mirrored hard drives, setting and monitoring access levels of all users, and ensuring that anti-virus software, systems and procedures are in place
- You shall co-ordinate the safe receipt and storage of hardware, software and consumables including any necessary unpacking and installation.
- You shall manage and maintain accurate and up to date inventories and records of all ICT hardware and software on site including signing resources out/in to staff, for example, laptops and digital projectors.
IT Team Leader’s Key Experience
- Studied to a minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) or equivalent, in English and mathematics.
- Trained to an MCSA level in Desktop and/or Server technologies, or an equivalent standard
- Evidence of successfully managing ICT network/s, hardware and software functions in order to support the day-to-day operation of an establishment/company.
- 3+ Years’ experience within an IT support/helpdesk environment
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, including GDPR, Safeguarding and Copyright
- Ability to travel between sites
- Significant working knowledge of a range of ICT software, hardware and other resources.
- Thorough understanding of networks, LAN, WAN and Internet topologies, protocols and techniques together with proven technical background in desktop computers and peripherals.
- Experience of working in a school, advantageous
Are you enthusiastic about theIT Team Leaders job? Send us your CV in word format today