MA TSA 3483655
Helpdesk, Information Technology , Network Adminstration, Network Engineer, Other, Project Manager, Security, Support
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Circa £38k pa possibly higher for the right candidate
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT support Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst to join the Infrastructure team for an IT firm based in Harold Hill.
The IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for the sound delivery of technical services for new and existing clients. You will be part of a team, supporting environments that deliver hosted services to thousands of users across the UK.
You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customers’ business critical systems.
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s Core Duties
- Identify and introduce new IT procedures to facilitate greater efficiency
- Maintain and monitor all networks, security and computer systems, consisting of 300+ VMs, to meet the organisations current and future requirements.
- Maintain and monitor all Juniper firewall clusters and comms gear
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work within strict timeframes and elevate incidents within defined timeframes.
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software and hosted applications.
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure a productive environment.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendors.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Maintain the necessary documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of all calls.
- Assess the severity and priority of incoming incidents within a timely manner and take the appropriate action to provide the most effective solution. This may include escalating potential problems such as the use of unauthorised software, major software/hardware outages, dangerous operating practices and the rise of loss or damage to hardware or software, which could be discovered during your day-to-day support activities.
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s Key Skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Cisco and other routing technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Juniper and other firewall technologies, including VPNs
- Extensive knowledge and experience of VMWARE infrastructure management.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience of NAS and SAN storage clusters
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange solutions
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience of Microsoft SQL solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to discuss user issues in non-technical language, as appropriate
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to lead and impart knowledge into team members
- Previous experience in a technical helpdesk environment
IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s NOT essential skills, preferred
- CCNA qualified
- VMWARE VCP or similar
- Microsoft MCSE
- Experience in Practise Management Systems (Legal or Finance)
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Manager / Senior Technical Analyst’s job? Send us your CV in word format today