ME EM 329856
Developer, Information Technology , Java Developer, Other, Project Manager, Software Developer, Software Tester, Technical Architect, Web Designer, Web Developer
£60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT, Development & Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Manager to be a key member of the Engineering Team, who will report directly to the Head of Engineering. This is a full time, onsite,
opportunity in the Glasgow office, within this rapidly expanding international organisation.
Engineering Manager’s Core Duties
- Manage, coach and mentor squad lead within the tribe.
- Participate in probation reviews and yearly performance appraisals for tribe members.
- Recruit new staff for the tribe.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with squad leads.
- Participate in job interviews.
- Manage tribe workload through roadmap planning and resource assignment.
- Work closely with Product Owner on planning and progress tracking
- Monitor squad member work logging and development time optimization
- Track and report on squad progress towards the Product Roadmap to Product Owner
- Track and report on squad member performance to Head of Engineering
- Foster training and improvement for tribe members through sourcing of education opportunities
- Participate in Management Meeting activities and reporting as directed by the Head of Engineering.
- Participate in cross-tribe planning and coordination activities with other tribe leaders.
Engineering Manager’s Skills required
- 5-7 years leading or managing a software development team.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Explaining technical information to non-technical people.
- Dealing with high-concurrency environments and the primitives used to manage them.
- Understanding and negotiating trade-offs in software requirements and design
- Collaborating, analysing, documenting and converging on software design in a large group.
- Building complex systems using modern programming languages, agile practices and distributed or cloud-based architectures.
- Coaching agile practices.
- Identifying talent to grow the team.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today