Business Analyst, Hardware Engineer, Helpdesk, Information Technology , IT Trainer, Network Adminstration, Network Engineer, Other, Project Manager, Support, Technical Architect
£22,500 to £25,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Coordinator/ IT Change Analyst to assist the ICT Change and Asset Team Leader in delivering and maintaining a robust change and release management function ensuring that all ICT changes are documented and processes according to the ICT department change management policies and procedures.
IT Coordinator/ IT Change Analyst’s Core Duties
- Assist the ICT Change and Asset Team Leader in the controlling of change to all Configuration Items within the ICT production environment. This includes raising and recording changes, analysing the impact, cost, benefit, risk, complexity and uncertainty of proposed changes, developing business justification and obtaining approval, co-ordinating change implementation, monitoring and reporting on the implementation, reviewing and closing requests for change (RFC).
- Assist the ICT Change and Asset Team Leader with the planning and overseeing small changes and the rollouts of new and changed software and associated hardware and documentation. Agree the exact content and rollout plan for the release, ensuring that all items being rolled out are secure and traceable via the CMS.
- Ensure that testing occurs and that release, rollout and back out plans are in existence prior to release.
- Propose and assist with the consideration of the most appropriate release type to employ under individual circumstances and management of customers and users expectations of releases and rollouts.
- Ensure documentation is produced according to procedures and that reviews of implemented changes occur. Prepare all documentation, including minutes for CAB meetings and steer or resolve actions arising as appropriate.
- Instigate the Emergency CAB process as urgent requests for change are identified, to ensure that these follow a controlled and predefined procedure.
- Produce and analyse reports to determine the effectiveness of the change and release management process i.e. number of changes/releases, changes per system, reasons for change, successful, unsuccessful etc., and make recommendations to the ICT Change and Asset Team Leader.
IT Coordinator/ IT Change Analyst’s Key Requirements
- Educated to A level or equivalent (Inc. Maths & English)
- An ICT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management foundation certificate would be desirable for this post.
- Able to demonstrate suitable experience in a Change role, or having worked in an ICT environment with rigorous change and release processes for at least two years.
- Experience in roles involving the co-ordination of multiple parallel activities to fixed timescales, producing relevant management information and written reports as necessary.
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be highly-motivated and flexible with good time management skills.
- Must be capable of good communication at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical skills with some broad technical knowledge desirable
- Ability to work as part of a team
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Coordinator / IT Change Analyst’s job? Send us your CV in word format today