MSH/IT supp 109663
Information Technology , Support
£23,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented IT 2nd Line Support Engineer to join a very successful and busy College. The College has a large Microsoft Windows Server network, current user-base is approximately 1400. The IT team manage all areas of; servers, network hardware and domain management tools.
- Ensure the smooth running, maintenance and development of IT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership.
- To provide advanced technical support in line with the College’s IT support service definition.
- To support pupils and staff in the appropriate use of IT, through advice or training
- To work with the regional service delivery manager to deliver IT support, plan and execute projects
- To supervise and support other technicians in performing their day to day duties
Server & Network Support
- Manage, administer and structure the Domain Active-Directory
- Manage, test and implement all GPOs, ensuring aspects of security and user-environment are configured and controlled accordingly.
- Provide senior level technical support and guidance, and take technical ownership of the higher-level / domain technical matters.
- Install and maintain standard network cabling; perform basic diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment; configure network clients with appropriate server information and software.
- Install and maintain Cisco Phones, including administration of a cloud-based VoIP solution.
- Install software and CDs on servers/desktops in accordance with the necessary change control procedures.
- Maintain hardware and software on the servers; set disk space and printer quotas; create network shares and manage access rights; monitor system logs.
- Manage Antivirus, software updates/patches to ensure that the network is up-to-date and secure.
- Maintain, update and diagnose technical aspects of wireless network, digital signage, cashless catering, door access control, CCTV,
Desktop & Application Support
- Maintain, upgrade and repair a wide range of PCs and peripherals; install complete applications.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
- Perform advanced diagnosis procedures on PCs, peripherals and applications.
- Advise on compatibility of hardware, applications and operating systems, according to user requirements.
Support Request Management
- Interpret detailed diagnostic information; monitor and manage server logs and use them to inform developments and support procedures.
- Prioritise resolution of problems and determine whether external support is required.
- Provide senior level of support for more complex requests.
- Make sure all requests for IT Support, new projects/purchases or major changes are recorded on the campus Service desk.
- Ensure that service requests are responded, fixed or escalated according to the targets outlined in the Service Level Agreement.
Personal IT Development
- Attend relevant courses and actively seek to broaden knowledge and skills relevant to responsibilities.
- Maintain and extend personal expertise in specific areas of IT to provide appropriate advice and support.
- Educated up to College level
- Good knowledge of MS Server
- Solid hands on skills with AD and GPOs
- Exposure to virtualised environments using VMWare or Hyper-V
- Knowledge of, or experience using a service software package or working to an SLA
- Good technical skills with MS Server Technologies
- Compti A+, N+ or other MCP
- Degree or other Higher Education Qualification
- MCP/CCNA/MCSE qualification (or working towards)
- Experience working in an Education Environment
- Knowledge of any of the following: Symantec Antivirus,, IP Telephony, Cisco Switches and Wireless AP’s, VLANS, MS SQL, Web filtering technologies
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today