MB HSA 111222
Building & Engineering, Health & Safety, Office Support, Other, Other
£32,000 to £36,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor who will report to the Safety Manager.
Health & Safety Advisor’s Core Duties
- Providing Occupational Health & Safety advice to the sites. Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation and the company’s Responsible Care Management System Codes 0 & 3, including support of the FE/RA audit process.
- Leading or supporting Accident/Incident investigation, providing support with Safe Systems of Work (Permit to Work, Risk Assessment), maintaining the sites Contractor Management system.
- Monitoring and reporting internally and externally on Occupational Safety Performance of the sites, providing information for Site Management Team review. Developing and delivering initiatives to support continuous improvement in Safety Performance.
- You will develop and maintain an Occupational Hygiene monitoring program for the sites and co-ordinate the delivery of this program with monitoring service suppliers (internal and external).
- Advising on Occupational Hygiene matters e.g. COSHH and Noise.
- You will design and deliver specialist Health and Safety Training supporting Learning & Development on the development of training packages for delivery by non-EHS professionals.
- You will participate in regulator investigations and liaise with regulators to ensure timely close out of actions following Occupational Health and Safety interventions.
Health & Safety Advisor’s Skills required
- Level 6 qualification in occupational health and safety e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
- 3 years experience within a health and safety role.
- Good knowledge of Responsible Care and legal requirements for managing Occupational Health and Safety in relation to chemical production.
- Good time management / work management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and skills.
- Be comfortable and competent using IT skills.
Are you enthusiastic about the Health & Safety Advisor job? Send us your CV in word format today