Building & Engineering, Contracts Management, Health & Safety, Highways & Maintenance, Other, Project Management, Site Manager
£80,000 to £120,000 Per Annum
+ Excellent Bens
City of London
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Communications sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Health & Safety to join a fabulous company currently expanding rapidly in these unusual times.
The Head of Health & Safety will be working closely with the wider business to understand the areas of opportunity within the business helping to identifying and implement appropriate policies and procedures to mitigate risk within the business and its operations.
Head of Health & Safety’s Role Responsibilities
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders business to identify the Health and Safety needs of the business.
- Leading on the implementation of processes, policies, and systems inline with operational and business objectives
- Developing relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and to provide recommendations on best practice.
- Helping to devise the overall Health and Safety strategy across all business operations.
- Oversee and monitor the performance and compliance of contractors to ensure adherence to health and safety standards and sites rules.
- Ensure safety inductions, toolbox talks, training and briefings are conducted regularly and recorded by relevant department such as training.
- Prepare and deliver Quality, Health, Safety, Environment requirements as defined in company policies and procedures.
- Providing day to day advice and guidance on safety to field teams and the wider business
- Assist advisors and site supervisors in the maintenance of the QHSE standards on sites
- Plan, manage monitor, review, and continuously improve health and safety standards.
- Monitor the safety tours/inspections programme to ensure that all operatives are visited on regularly basis by respective line managers.
- Ensuring the completion of corrective actions as when identified on tours and site inspections.
- Keep abreast of current legislation, guidance, industry standards and best practices and ensure all worksites are compliant with legal requirements.
- Liaise with training manager and analyze training needs in relation to occupational health, safety, and environment.
- Prepare and present safety KPIs for regular board level review.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations where necessary.
- Review the risk assessments and method statements on regular basis.
- Advise on health and safety competency and training requirements.
Head of Health & Safety’s Skills Required
- Industry experience gained working in telecoms, construction, Engineer or similar industries.
- Experience developing and managing a Health & Safety team and function.
- Excellent knowledge of street works and/or fibre installation methods and processes desirable
- Recognised Health & Safety qualifications/experience - e.g. NEBOSH, CDM, IOSH, NRSWA
- An ability to assess business needs, identifying key priorities and opportunities.
- Experience managing contractors and key suppliers, monitoring and reporting on their performance against tasks.
- Committed to making the Health & Safety of colleagues and the public the highest priority.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and lead teams
- Excellent analytical and solving skills.
Are you enthusiastic about the Head of Health & Safety job? Send us your CV in word format today.