Business Managers, General & Other, Management & Senior Executive, Marketing, Marketing & Business Development, Other, Other, Product Manager
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
+ Bens, amazing organisation
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Business Development role for a leading organisation based in Norwich.
Head of Business Development’s Main Duties:
- Facilitate the identification and evaluation of opportunities for increasing commercial incomes through careful exploitation of knowledge assets.
- Lead the development of the Knowledge Exchange, Commercialisation (KEC) Impact strategies,
- Maximise Intellectual Property and commercial opportunities,.
- Defining and delivering Impact Strategies, in line with the vision and mission, and the Strategic Programmes.
- Delivering high quality services and support to maximise the commercial incomes, through careful exploitation of knowledge assets, including intellectual property.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the QI research community, reviewing the KEC and Impact strengths and delivering programmes to develop the skills and capabilities of the researchers as required.
- Maximising the funding opportunities available by building productive networks and relationships with stakeholder groups including; local government, Local Enterprise Partnerships, specific industries, individual businesses, other universities and Research Councils funded research Institutes.
- Leading and managing the KEC professionals in the Business Development team, work within the resources and structures in place, to foster a culture of innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship within the team.
- Working with the Head of External Relations and Engagement to create a strategy for marketing and stakeholder management and monitor the impact of organisational strategies on the commercial activities.
- Bid on funding opportunities aimed at accelerating the exploitation of the knowledge assets.
- Working with the Head of Contracts to facilitate information management and reporting.
- Preparing Confidentiality Agreements and ensuring that opportunities for intellectual property are maximised.
- Managing the IP and patenting processes.
Head of Business Development’s Education/Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in a scientific subject
- PhD in biological science, desirable
- MBA or equivalent qualification, desirable
- A formal IP qualification, desirable
Head of Business Development ESSENTIAL Experience
- Successful delivery of services which maximise commercial incomes from knowledge assets
- Thorough knowledge of IP in relation to science and/or healthcare
- Budget management skills and experience
- Experience of managing a team to successfully deliver organisational support in business development and commercialisation
- Delivery of organisation-wide development programmes in relation to IP, commercialisation or innovation
- Experience of successfully delivering organisation-wide commercialisation, impact, or equivalent, strategies
- Experience of successfully negotiating with industrial partners/customers and scientists
Head of Business Development’s Desirable NOT ESSENTIAL Experience
- A thorough understanding of the funding streams
- Experience of assessing commercial developments/innovation in a scientific and academic environment
- Experience of establishing a network of contacts in biological sciences
- Experience of organising international workshops/seminars
- Experience of Chairing multidisciplinary meetings and committees
Are you enthusiastic about the Head of Business Development’s job? Send us your CV in word format today