MP / GIS 380411
Building & Engineering, General & Other, Other, Other, Surveyor
£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Liverpool or Merseyside
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Building and Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a GIS Specialist to join a leading independent consultancy specialising in acquisition, planning, design, environment and economics.
They have over 260 skilled and experienced staff operating from eleven offices across ten locations throughout the UK.
GIS Specialist’s Core Duties
You will be required to work across all aspects of development activity, primarily for the Property Department based in Liverpool but also supporting all aspects of planning and development work in the North West and across the UK. The focus will be across a range of different sectors including renewable energy, residential development, telecommunications and commercial property. Tasks will include building site search models within ArcGIS, the setting up and management of ArcGIS Online, Collector and web based application builder services, preparation of drawings, plans and info graphics, the use of Story Maps and spatial data analysis
GIS Specialist’s Skills required
- Have a relevant University degree or equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
- Expertise in use of the ESRI desktop software platform, including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Collector app and web application builder.
- Experience with the capture, storage and analysis of spatial and geographical data.
- Ability to deliver work on budget and to deadlines as part of a multi-disciplinary team spread across diverse geographical locations.
- Experience managing and delivering GIS projects for internal and external clients.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Good programming and analytical skills for data manipulation and management.
- A creative thinker to solve development and software issues.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
GIS Specialist’s Desirable Skills
- Exposure to other desktop GIS software (e.g. MapInfo, QGIS, GRASS);
- Working knowledge of CAD packages such as AutoCAD or Vectorworks.
- Familiarity of working with the ESRI Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today