MC/ EM 3928055
Administration, General & Other, Office Management, Office Support, Other, Other
£32,000 to £36,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Charity sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Manager to join a very worthwhile charity that provides food aid to children and families around the world.
Based in London (Home working with regular meetings in London/Bradford)
Fundraising Manager’s Core Duties
- To maximise income from the Charity’s traditional base of support within the Muslim community in England.
- To develop and manage expanding awareness of the charity
- To promote and support community fundraising, individual giving, and fundraising events.
- Engaging, training and managing volunteers.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community (including schools and mosques), events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
Event and Volunteer Engagement
- Planning and organising fundraising events across the UK.
- Overseeing the process of recruiting, training and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Strategic Planning
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future direction and growth of the charity, through input into board meetings and the organisational strategic plan.
- Take ownership of organisational growth and funding, reporting to the CEO and Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising targets at quarterly meetings.
Financial Oversight and Reporting
- Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Liaise with the CEO and Relationship Manager to ensure realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters
- Research opportunities for new events.
Fundraising Manager’s Key Experience
- Experience of working in a fundraising team, leading on income generation streams, with a proven track record in generating income
- Experience of staff and volunteer management.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organisation.
- An understanding of the international poverty relief and issues in Asia and Africa
- Effective face-to-face interaction and relationship-building with a wide range of people.
- Excellent telephone manner, able to present a warm, friendly, but efficient and professional image of the charity.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication.
- Work on own initiative as well as being an active member of the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload, plan ahead and achieve deadlines.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational abilities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team.
- Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to work closely with colleagues and volunteers.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel.