MN PM 4329777
Accountant, Compliance, Finance, Finance & Accountancy, Mergers & Acquisation, Other
£53,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Accounting and Finance Sectors. We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a highly established and successful independently owned Cleaning and Support Services company, to cover maternity leave for at least 12 months.
Finance Manager’s Role Purpose
This role will be working alongside the Finance Director, to provide the Senior Operations team, the bid process and the business as a whole with meaningful financial insight to budget and profitability of contracts. Provide the business with input into contract negotiations, contract risk minimisation and contract performance reporting. Prepare and submit customer budgets in line with their reporting requirements.
Finance Manager’s Core Duties
- Understand and manage the commercial risks of new business and ensure they are compliant with risk management processes whilst meeting gross profit, contribution and EBIT targets.
- Through analysis of business systems provide bid input to the actual cost of delivery ensuring the company is the lowest cost provider of all mainstream services.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Operations team on the actual cost of service delivery
- Ensure commercial governance and policies are implemented, monitored and assured, together with the creation and implementation of appropriate local governance and policies
- Ensure that Senior Management Team are suitably advised to maximise performance and minimise risk, including ensuring that contract obligations, charging principles, contract and business risks etc are fully understood and managed
- Ensure procurement processes deliver an appropriate supply chain that is maintained and monitored, ensuring back-to-back compliance, delivering economies of scale and project compliance.
- To be the subject matter expert for contract obligations and interpretation of contracts with the customer and the supply chain.
- Ensure effective Commercial management of the customer annual processes
- Provide commercial support and guidance to the business as defined by the FD
- Manage risks and opportunities across the business
- Develop, maintain and enforce policies, procedures and governance to manage risk and evidence appropriate controls
- Manage risk through the contractual lifecycle from bid through mobilisation and delivery
- Monitor and research innovative working practices to improve risk management, margin protection and/or improvement of service efficiency.
- Working closely with the SENIOR operations team advising on the commercial life cycles of all contracts, managing any contract changes to manage risks and to facilitate maximum organic growth.
- Supporting the Senior Operations team where required delivering effective and amicable dispute resolution with clients.
- Resolve contractual and commercial matters and liaise with clients directly as situations arise
- Where necessary - troubleshooting, analysing and finding solutions for any issues ensuring any losses and risks are minimised.
- Reviewing forecasting and creating annual contract budgets and submitting costs proposals - for key accounts.
- Delivering commercial support to all sales and bid activity including the development of solutions, commercial overview and risk management where required.
- Analysing the financial performance of contracts.
- Preparing accurate and timely reports as situations arise
- Exploring new avenues of activity within the marketplace and seeking opportunities the company can exploit in its bid to develop and grow
Finance Manager’s Skills required
- Experience has been gained within Facilities Management, or similar industry
- Solid costing, budget preparation and profit maximisation experience is essential
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Contract management software packages would be advantageous
Are you enthusiastic about the Finance Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today