Building & Engineering, Civil Engineer, Engineer, Trades & Labour
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Engineering & Technical sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer who will be reporting to the Service Manager then the Vice President of Sales, within one of UK's largest independent system integration organisations handling various contracts ranging in value.
Field Service Engineer’s Core Duties
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance of the activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Service Manager.
- Comply with the organisation’s Q A and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- To Participate on the Orbital 24/7 On call Helpline rota and when doing so be always available and able go to site immediately.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
Field Service Engineer’s Skills required
- It would be advantageous if the candidate had a min of 3 years’ previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
- 2 years’ experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate including use of MS Office programmes
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
- 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today