Building & Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Other, Other, Site Manager, Trades & Labour
£20,000 Per Annum
Pro-Rata 3 Month + Poss perm after
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have a new Security and Facilities opportunity. The successful candidate will report to the Facilities Manager. Hours are 8:30-16:30, Monday–Friday and the position is during term time only.
Core Duties as Security Officer
- Maintain a safe and friendly environment
- Manage difficult situations with students or members of the public competently, effectively and in a calm manner.
- Assist Health & Safety Officers with the swift and controlled evacuation in an emergency.
- Support college managers and staff in enforcement of college policies and procedures in a way that is both authoritative and responsive to student need.
- Ensure security cameras and equipment function and are serviced/repaired as required.
- Monitor CCTV and take action on anything suspicious.
- Undertake regular security patrols.
- Respond to emergencies and taking whatever action is necessary to resolve the problem.
- Act as a Fire Warden.
Core Duties as Facilities Officer
- Ensure the college reprographic machines are in working order and arrange for repair when necessary.
- Store and distribute minor equipment.
- Carry out porterage as required.
- Ensure rooms are laid out and prepared for teaching and other events.
- Transfer equipment and furniture between rooms as necessary.
- Help college staff as required with equipment, displays, etc.
- Receive and log deliveries to the college and arrange for their distribution as appropriate.
- Order and maintain stocks of stationery and all facilities consumables.
- Record and order all taxis and couriers for the college.
- Undertake weekly testing and recording of the fire alarm system.
- Undertake general facilities administration as requested by the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure the college is locked up correctly.
- Maintain and update the first aid boxes and equipment.
- Carry out minor maintenance such as fixing signs, maintaining door locks, replacing light bulbs and clearing blocked toilets.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by Directors/Managers of the Colleg
- Physical fitness in order to carry out duties.
- Aware of responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work Act.
- First Aid Certificate (or happy to undertake training).
- Experience in static and patrolling security duties.
- Experience in ordering and stock control.
- A tolerant and patient personality.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the needs of students and other users of an educational building.
- A co-operative and flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Able to keep and maintain all good secure and required documents up to date.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today