MP / FM 539467
Building & Engineering, Contracts Management, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Other, Project Management, Site Manager
£42,000 to £48,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Building & Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager / Property Manager to join a highly successful company based in Islington. They are private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management.
Facilities Manager / Property Manager’s Core Duties
- To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to their tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements.
- To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service.
- To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members.
- To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role
Facilities Manager / Property Manager’s Daily Duties
- To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of central London and West End office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets – to be agreed in consultation with the Head of Department and the service charge accounts team.
- To have experience of supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required at the properties under management.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
- To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
- To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times.
- To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
- Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord’s common areas or specific parts of the tenant’s accommodation.
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary health and safety procedures.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy.
- To assist in special FM related projects from time to time, including major repairs/refurbishments.
Facilities Manager / Property Manager’s Daily Duties Key Experience & Requirements
- Substantial commercial property management experience across all sectors
- Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
- Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance
- responsibilities and liabilities.
- Capable of adopting a very hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
- Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
- Experience with Health and Safety Databases, preferably Meridan
- To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
- Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets.
- A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
- A car driver would be preferable.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today