Building & Engineering, Contracts Management, Education, Estates Manager, Facilities Management, Facilities Managers, General & Other, Health & Safety, Other, Other, Premises Officers /Managers, Project Management, School Managers, Senior Management
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Poss Perm Post
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Building & Engineering Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join a large school based in Hendon.
Salary:£35,000 to £40,000, initially on a contract basis for around a month, however could turn into a permanent position
Facilities Manager’s Core Duties
- Provide a monthly summary on operational matters
- Do and have done all weekly, monthly and annual compliance tasks, checks and reports required in relation to the building
- Take on role of Fire Warden, managing checks, drills and fire safety training for staff and students
- Hold the log of IT equipment and records of users
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants relating to operations and facilities.
- Support the negotiations of facilities and operational contracts and take over negotiations over time.
- Maintain supplies of stationery and office equipment and consumables
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Review and update health and safety logs and policies for approval and ensure they are observed by all staff, students and visitors
- Work with the Maintenance Officer to ensure appropriate set up of rooms, including set-up of video conferencing and webinar equipment
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices in compliance with regulations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Responsible for implementation of the environmental policy
- Manage the access and security of the building, including entering and exiting
- Identify and propose potential consultants for operational and facilities matters as required (e.g. fire safety, health and safety assessments)
- Be front of house, welcoming visitors. Reception duties albeit this is low key.
Facilities Manager’s Skills required
- Experience of operations and resource planning with experience of facilities processes and policies
- Able to think and do
- Demonstrable ability to handle highly confidential information
- Able to establish trust based relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and ability to quickly build operational understanding
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Highly collaborative working style
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to create new tools and processes and comfortable with ambiguity.
Are you enthusiastic about the Facilities Manager job? Send us your CV in word format today