MW / FM 682435P
Building & Engineering, Education, Engineer, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Other, Premises Officers /Managers, Project Management, Site Manager
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Facilities sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join a highly successful college based in Camden.
The Facilities Manager has the responsibility for ensuring that the College buildings and equipment are fully compliant with statutory legislation. The Facilities Manager will organise the planned maintenance programme with timely investments in plant and equipment to enable the College to provide the best possible learning and working environment. The Facilities Manager leads, manages and supports all strategic plans for Facilities and Building Maintenance within the College.
Facilities Manager’s Core Duties
- Develop medium and long term coordinated planning based on the College’s educational and business objectives to ensure the College remains able to deliver learning to learners.
- Plan and project manage the implementation of major building developments, improvements and refurbishments to the College infrastructure ensuring energy efficiency requirements are met.
- Develop and implement a facilities management programme including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements within the College to achieve a safe and efficient environment for staff and learners including the production and regular review of the Maintenance Plan and monitoring against Key Performance indicators.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of staff. Deploy these staff as appropriate to ensure adequate cover within the area of responsibility managed. Oversee the staff rota and ensure that the teams monitor this effectively to ensure best allocation of resource. Advise line management on staff performance. Monitor and appraise the workloads and effectiveness of allocated staff through regular supervision meetings.
- Take responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of all premises- related mechanical, electrical, heating services and other plant, including ensuring the completion of all annual portable appliance testing, monitoring and recording of meter readings/returns as required. To take appropriate action to ensure and monitor safe levels of lighting, heating and ventilation
- Respond quickly and efficiently to maintenance issues. Prioritise actions to ensure limited disruption to key teaching and learning resources.
- Review strategic plans for Legionella procedures and ensure the maintenance programme is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that legal and contractual obligations relating to Facilities resources, licensing, safeguarding, Health and Safety, First Aid, environmental systems and services are met and clearly documented on a timely basis.
- Resolve problems associated with maintenance around the College.
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness are high and that the cleaning contract is value for money.
- Advise and update the Executive Management Group on the implementation of Facilities policies and procedures.
- Manage and be responsible for the internal working of the College’s Building Maintenance System, CCTV system and College’s access control systems.
Facilities Manager’s Key Experience
- A relevant qualification at Level 4
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification
- Professional management qualification, not essential
- Previous experience of working in a Facilities environment
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in a public building
- Previous experience of project management
- Experience of managing Health and Safety and environmental regulations
- Extensive experience of leading and managing a team of staff showing the ability to support, develop and manage performance.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to manage 3rd party suppliers and service contracts
- Strong Budgeting skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads in a reactive environment
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent – IT skills, Microsoft word, excel and project
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today