MM FM 708194
Building & Engineering, Caretakers, Contracts Management, Education, Estates Manager, Facilities Management, Facilities Managers, Health & Safety, Other, Premises Officers /Managers, Project Management, School Managers, Site Manager, Trades & Labour
£32,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Building & Engineering Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager / Operations Officer to join a fantastic Adult Training College based in Central London.
This role will be instrumental in supporting our continued evolution as we grow into our chosen markets. This role has support from the Maintenance Officer who will carry out some of the tasks relating to the building under direction from this role.
Salary: £32,000 to £35,000, possibly slightly higher for the ideal candidate
Facilities Manager / Operations Officer’s Core Duties
- Provide a monthly summary on operational matters
- Do and have done all weekly, monthly and annual compliance tasks, checks and reports required in relation to the building
- Take on role of Fire Warden, managing checks, drills and fire safety training for staff and students
- Hold the log of IT equipment and records of users
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants relating to operations and facilities.
- Support the negotiations of facilities and operational contracts and take over negotiations over time.
- Maintain supplies of stationery and office equipment and consumables
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Review and update health and safety logs and policies for approval and ensure they are observed by all staff, students and visitors
- Work with the Maintenance Officer to ensure appropriate set up of rooms, including set-up of video conferencing and webinar equipment
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices in compliance with regulations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Responsible for implementation of the environmental policy
- Manage the access and security of the building, including entering and exiting
- Identify and propose potential consultants for operational and facilities matters as required (e.g. fire safety, health and safety assessments)
- Be front of house, welcoming visitors. Reception duties albeit this is low key.
Personnel / HR Assisted Tasks
- Manage all HR processes – joiners and leavers, induction process, holiday leave, absence records etc.
- Support the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction
- Ensure appraisals happen in time in liaison with line managers
- Arrange staff lunches and town halls
- Work with the wellbeing group to make recommendations
- Work with line managers to identify training and CPD providers
- Take lead on HR data management and privacy processes
Facilities Manager / Operations Officer’s Skills required
- Experience of operations and resource planning with experience of facilities processes and policies
- Able to think and do
- Demonstrable ability to handle highly confidential information
- Able to establish trust based relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and ability to quickly build operational understanding
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Highly collaborative working style
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to create new tools and processes and comfortable with ambiguity.
Are you enthusiastic about the Facilities Manager / Operations Officer’s job? Send us your CV in word format today