MC / EAM 2478387
Information Technology , Project Manager, Technical Architect
£70,000 to £82,000 Per Annum
+ Excellent Bens
Beds or Herts or Cambs
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT Management sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Enterprise Architecture Manager to be based at either Kempson, Welwyn Garden City or Huntingdon.
You will be developing and governing architecture including the domains of business, information, applications and infrastructure. To work across multi-functional teams to lead on the design, development and communication of enterprise architecture, provide advisory services and assurance for internal and national programmes of work, and drive the prioritisation of enterprise wide initiatives to deliver the target architecture and ensure the delivery of business critical infrastructure and services.
Drive the delivery of the ICT strategy across the technical landscape and to provide overall management responsibility and direction to the Enterprise Architecture team.
Enterprise Architecture Manager’s Core Duties
- Deliver a prioritised, complex programme of work, identifying dependencies across the regional portfolios. Design secure and resilient technical and business architectures aligned to the ICT strategy for all major change initiatives.
- Produce and maintain all aspects of IT specification, including the overall designs, architectures, topologies and configurations of the infrastructure, environment, applications and data and the design documentation of all IT systems.
- Translate logical designs into physical designs, taking account of business requirement, target environments, processes. Performance requirements, existing systems and services and any potential security related aspects.
- Interface with designers and planners from external suppliers and service providers, ensuring all external IT services are designed to meet the agreed standards, legislative requirements agreed service levels and targets.
- Take full responsibility for the design aspects of all stages of the lifecycle of IT systems, including investigations, analysis specification, design, development, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade, transition, operation and improvement. Create cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, business cases, SoR’s and ITTs and development plans, to take account of design decisions.
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of proposals and solutions from suppliers of equipment, software and other IT service and product providers.
- Provide advice and guidance to non-EA delivered initiatives within the BCH department, acting as a consultant to local technical managers on more complex initiatives, or where uncertainty or complexity
- brings an added element of risk to ensure that requirements (particularly capacity, recovery, performance
- and security needs) are reflected in the overall specifications.
Enterprise Architecture Key Requirements
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate subject or at least 5 years equivalent proven industry experience
- TOGAF or Zachman Certified or 2 years proven experience with standard methodologies and approaches such as TOGAF and Zachman
- ITIL Foundation, ITIL Expert is desirable
- Experience of developing and working in partnership with external consultancies and strategic technology partners
- Experience of managing complex technical teams
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills; highly supportive of the business and its ideals and strategies
- Proven record in technology, network and application architecture planning, design and implementation including multiple large scale projects and systems integration work involving a diverse multi-discipline technical staff in a complex organisation
- Excellent communications skills – both producing high-quality documentation, and being able to communicate the same to a wider variety of staff at all levels
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences and unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals
- Highly motivated, innovative and flexible within excellent time management skills
- Conversant and at ease with all forms of services and able to influence and negotiate with users and suppliers of high value contracts
- Good people management skills and the ability to communicate with non-technical staff at all levels
Are you enthusiastic about the Enterprise Architecture Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today