Building & Engineering, Engineer
£34,500 Per Annum
Isle of Grain
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the engineeringsector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join our client in Isle of Grain, Rochester.
You will maintain and repair the Port’s plant and equipment in both planned and reactive maintenance activities and repair services. The Engineering Department will also provide facilities support and site services to the new tenant operated plants on site.
This position is a 42 hour week, working 12 hours shifts. The hours are currently 06.00-18.00 and 12.00- midnight, however the employee can be required to alter their work pattern, either permanently or temporarily, to work days and nights 06.00-18.00 and 18.00-06.00.
Engineering Technician’s Core Duties
- Complete engineering activities in both planned and relative maintenance in all areas of the Port as directed by Engineering Supervision and management
- Carrying out activities in a safe and effective manner whilst working to challenging operational deadlines, prioritising, problem solving, decision making and maintain clear communication with all stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise to engineering procurement and stores
- Completion of all installations and repairs to the highest standards to maintain optimum performance and availability of equipment
- Prioritising work requirements within your area of responsibility to ensure optimum safety standards and maximum efficiencies
- Utilise Engineering MIS systems to schedule and record progress and completion of all engineering work activities
Engineering Technician’s Skills required
- Qualified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, ideally at ONC level or above
- Able to evidence experience in a technical discipline following academic trade training, for example electrical or mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge through continuous professional development
- Experience of up to date techniques for engineering repairs and maintenance
Engineering Technician’s Key Experience
- Experience weighted towards electrical engineering would be preferred
- Multi-skilled engineering experience with an electrical bias, desirable
- Knowledge and experience of port handling equipment, desirable
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today