General & Other, Other
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the media sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Crew Manager to join our client in Glasgow.
Managing the effective utilisation of internal/external resources: The Crew Member is charged with
positively influencing global project schedules, ensuring best utilisation of internal resource and
external suppliers to resolve scheduling conflicts and facilitate ongoing studio growth.
Building reliable ongoing relationships with external partners and suppliers across the
globe: Where it becomes necessary to resolve resource/scheduling challenges externally, the Crew Member is responsible for finding, assessing and ensuring (quality-controlled, on budget and schedule) delivery from external suppliers. This will include single dept (e.g. animation) outsource projects, and full pipeline outsource projects (script to screen). Scale and content will range from 2-3 min cinematics, to 90 min features.
The role will require collaboration with a range of stakeholders including Executive Producers (EPs), Producers, HODs and the Studio and General Managers. It will also require regular international travel between the studios as well international partners in Europe, North and South America, Asia and beyond.
Crew Manager’s Core Duties
Internal specific responsibilities
- Identify and resolve current and future resource/scheduling issues
- Identify hiring requirements to facilitate new projects or resolve scheduling conflicts
- Maintain and improve on internal resource utilisation
- Influence future project schedules based on availability of internal resources/external suppliers/recruitment bandwidth
External specific responsibilities
- Negotiate for the best value for money, and maximise tax credits internationally
- Evaluate, hire, contract, re-allocate, and where necessary facilitate the termination of contracts with suppliers
- Maintain and improve relevant processes across the studio and the group in conjunction with the Production team, the HODs and the General Managers
- Work with EPs, HODs and Supervisors to produce bid packages and breakdowns
Crew Manager’s Skills and experience required
- Be proficient in spreadsheet and database software including Excel and Shotgun
- Have prior production and/or resource/crew management experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Degree level educated, preferred
- Drive improvement and efficiency, remaining open to change and collaboration
- Anticipate risks and solves problems before and as they arise
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today