Business Development, General & Other, Key Account Manager, Other, Other, Sales, Sales Director, Sales Manager
£50,000 to £100,000 Per Annum
£50,000 to £60,000 pa + £40,000 bonus, OTE £100k
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Country Accounts Manager who will be responsible for managing a defined ‘book of business’ in DACH (Germany, Austria or Switzerland). This will involve building strong relationships with customers in order to both retain and upsell the product portfolio. This role will be aligned with the Scientific and Academic Research business unit of the company.
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 pa + £40,000 bonus, OTE £100k
Country Account Manager’s Main Duties:
- Develop new revenue from the portfolio (existing and new departments) to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- To maintain existing subscriber base through timely and commercially sound renewals.
- To effectively liaise with the customer base through office-based and face to face contact and proactively steer relationships towards strategic partnership status.
- To prepare strategic account planning which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the Scientific and Academic Research product portfolio.
- To maintain and update sales progress reports on CRM (Salesforce.com) and other reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- To interact effectively with internal departments (especially Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department), to transform our value perception with various stakeholders at the account, to maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To organize customer visits efficiently, manage time, financial cost and territory traveling to the satisfaction of your manager.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
- To make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
Country Account Manager’s Education/Qualifications:
- Must be fluent in German & English
- Sales experience in a consultative selling environment
- Degree required
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer-driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Excellent written verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers and adopt value prop accordingly
- Prior academic sector experience preferred