MCRT / CEM 65445
Business Managers, Education, Events, General & Other, Leadership Team, Management & Senior Executive, Management Consultants, Marketing, Marketing & Business Development, Other, Other, Other, Public Relations (PR)
£45,000 to £54,152 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the Rural sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Community Engagement Manager (CEM). The community engagement manager is the primary point of contact for the Regional Director for delivering the Trust’s well-being mission to local communities. As such the CEM has the skills and experience commensurate for an effective working relationship with the regional operations manager that optimises delivery of activity on the waterway while ensuring that those responsible for the wider communications and support advice (environment and heritage) contribute to the planning phases.
£45,000 + London allowance £3,752 + car allowance £5,400
Community Engagement Manager’s Core Duties
Delivery of Community and Youth Strategy
- Responsible for understanding who in the community has the potential for benefitting from our waterways and reaching out to establish contact
- Working with youth organisations and social services to deliver a programme of activity to enhance life skills of participants, be that on or by the water
- Evolving the current DEM role and working seamlessly with programmes overseen by the Strategic Programmes delivery manager
Delivery of Learning and Skills strategy
- Working with education authorities, HE, FE, and schools to facilitate a programme of desired educational opportunities; delivered either by paid staff, volunteers or merely enabling a learning opportunity delivered by external speakers
- Oversee a programme of fund raising that is coherent with the wider programme of regional activity
- Act as the lead planner for events taking place in the region; identify the benefit to be delivered and coordinate Trust resource (finance; people; media) to optimise the impact
Growth of Volunteering
- Receives requirements for volunteer numbers and oversees recruitment strategy.
- Identifies the volunteer requirement to deliver Trust programme of youth and education.
- Oversees recruiting campaign for volunteers for discrete programme requirements.
Community Engagement Manager’s Skills required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in relevant discipline
- Experience of charity sector, not for profit, heritage or environment, customer focused organisation
- Experience and knowledge of delivering community programmes with direct experience of shaping strategies and proven track record of delivering resources from a range of sources.
- Strong people management skills, manage, engage, direct, challenge, and get the best out of a small team of direct reports in a busy environment
- Strategic partnership development and relationship management
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with all levels of stakeholder
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presenter
- Experienced at networking and understanding the sector
Community Engagement Manager’s Safety Responsibilities
- Lead by example, ensure your team take responsibility for the safety of colleagues, volunteers, themselves and customers. Comply with Canal & River Trust’s Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Investigate and report incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Be aware of your own responsibilities regarding safeguarding and support our commitment to providing safe environments and working practices that promote and protect the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk at all times.
Are you enthusiastic about the Community Engagement Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today