General & Other, Other
£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
+ Amazing Bens & Organisation
We specialise in the recruitment of high-quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Commercialisation Manager for a leading organisation based in Norwich.
Salary £40,000 to £48,000 + Excellent Benefits
Commercialisation Manager’s Main Duties:
- Drive the commercialisation and partnership agenda ensuring that the knowledge and IP created are used to deliver tangible benefits for society.
- Assessment of research discoveries, analysis and evaluation. Advancement of those technologies through to market adoption via collaboration with industry, access to translational funds, licensing or spin out.
- Promoting the Institute capabilities and licensing portfolio and securing collaborative research and commercialisation income.
- Managing industry partnerships and key stakeholder relationships and facilitate visits by investors, companies and Government agencies.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Business Development Team and with Senior management to contribute to the development of good practice in commercialisation of the Institute IP.
Commercialisation Manager’s Education/Qualifications:
- Post graduate level qualification in a relevant scientific discipline (biology, chemistry, biotechnology, food science) or a graduate qualification and significant practical laboratory experience in a commercially focused R&D department
- Formal project management qualification, desirable
Commercialisation Manager’s ESSENTIAL Experience
- Good knowledge of Technology Transfer systems / processes
- Practical understanding of product innovation and technology commercialisation processes
- Experience in working with researchers to find commercial routes to market for knowledge / IP and have successfully led the commercialisation / implementation of technology or IP
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex subjects clearly and to a variety of levels, including board level in major commercial organisations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with extensive evidence of developing highly effective collaborative working relationships
Commercialisation Manager’s Desirable NOT ESSENTIAL Experience
- Practical knowledge of commercialisation and investment networks
- Knowledge of PatBase, MyIP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience of teaching aspects of technology transfer
- Knowledge and direct experience of the patent system, working with patent agents and recording information for management purposes
- Experience in working with researchers to find commercial routes to market for
- knowledge / IP and have successfully led the commercialisation / implementation of
- technology or IP
- Experience of initiating, planning and managing projects
- Experience of intellectual property issues in a research environment
Are you enthusiastic about the Commercialisation Manager’s job? Send us your CV in word format today