MW / Civ Sup 3238935
Building & Engineering, Civil Engineer
£45,000 Per Annum
Perm or Contract £45k or £250 / day
Essex / Cambridge
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Civil Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for Civil Supervisor to join a highly successful National provider of telecommunications services to mobile & fixed network operators.
Salary: £45,000.00 or £250.00 day rate without van and fuel card/£200.00 with van and fuel card
Working Hours: 40 Location: Cambridge/Essex: PAYE (Pension, 25 days holiday, health care)
Civils Supervisor’s Core Duties
- To supervise and line manage the civils teams to ensure control and management of the 3rd party civils sub-contractors, on-site;
- To meet OHS, construction, build quality, productivity and efficiency targets;
- To manage any welfare requirements of the civils teams;
- To liaise with local authorities and residents as appropriate to ensure compliance with local requirements prior to and during any construction;
- To ensure that the correct liaison with local authorities and residents has taken place and any local requirements are adhered to.
- To attend any meetings as required, on-site or at the local authorities’ premises;
- To provide technical expertise and be the single point of contact/escalation on all aspects of fibre build and construction; this includes all civils (including re-instatement), plus production/completion of associated (as-built) documentation within agreed timescales;
- To manage and track the build/construction team deliverables, ensuring compliance with OHS, contract obligations, and achievement of SLAs and KPIs;
- To deliver the agreed monthly site audit documentation and implement any corrective action/continuous improvement plans;
- To provide regular progress updates of individual jobs to the fibre services teams as required;
- To be an on-call supervisor (scheduled as part of the agreed rota) to manage any fibre network maintenance call outs to satisfactory resolution. This includes providing regular reports and customer updates.
- Ensure that the operatives complete work safely and in a timely and professional manner to agreed timescales, project processes and procedures.
- Setup and manage an effective quality control and "right first time" verification process for fibre build/construction by internal and third party teams;
- Deliver network build/construction programme to agreed quality of service and financial targets;
- Ensure all permit conditions are being met on site;
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered;
- Keep up-to-date on fibre services deployment and construction innovations in the UK to drive improvements in cost, quality, innovation, efficiency and deadlines.
Civils Supervisor’s Key Experience
- Detailed experience of UK fixed and cable operator network build guidelines and ways of working, including GPON, FttP/FttH and HFC networks;
- An in-depth knowledge of The New Roads and Street Works Act, 1991 (NRSWA), and its ancillary legislation and the various Codes of Practice;
- Accreditation to NRWSA Supervisor level; Have a first aid qualification and ideally trained to Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) level;
- An in-depth knowledge of HSG47 "Avoiding danger from underground services", together with all OHS requirements and applicable laws;
- Good network within the UK fibre services industry - both suppliers and customers;
- Excellent understanding of fibre network architectures and network topologies;
- 5+ years of network build experience in the UK fibre services industry or civils industry;
- Excellent knowledge of FttP/FttH topology including mixed networks with GPON, G.Fast, VDSL, HFC, DOCSIS;
- Strong knowledge of available passive components applicable to FTTx networks and FTTx deployment technologies;
- Extensive experience with civil engineering and telecoms deployment, including Detailed Design and As-Built Engineering;
- Extensive experience conducting quality control of fibre engineering build/construction;
- Experience of managing OSP civils operatives ;
- Solid understanding of OSP network build key drivers affecting cost in OSP network roll outs;
- Analytical and demonstrates ability to solve build/construction and/or operations related problems;
- Profound understanding of customer challenges within fibre network domain;
- Knowledge of the catalogue of HAUC & NJUG published advice notes;
- Knowledge of the various trench excavation methods, including but not limited to: manual digging, top-cutting, mechanical trenching, narrow trenching, mole-ploughing, directional-drilling;
- Good knowledge of backfill & reinstatement materials & their associated HAUC approval status.
- Good knowledge of the traffic management Code of Practice
- Good knowledge of TMA and permitting/noticing legislations
Are you enthusiastic about the Civils Supervisor’s job? Send us your CV in word format today