MSC CM 649120
General & Other, Other
£56,500 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Logistics & Procurement sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Category Manager who will be reporting directly into the Lead Category Manager. The primary function of this role will be to lead Strategic Procurement Officers in the creation and execution of a category management approach to the procurement of a portfolio of spend to ensure drive efficiencies, mitigate supply and construction risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation.
Category Manager’s Core Duties
- You and your team will be responsible for conducting internal and external analysis and engage effectively with stakeholders to determine optimum value creation opportunities for that category e.g. sourcing strategies, process improvements, renegotiation strategies, dispute resolution etc.
- Develop relationships and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the development and delivery of category strategies that are aligned with corporate and business unit strategies and value drivers.
- You will be responsible for analysing the spend per category to detail opportunities such as; savings, strategic importance to the organisation, level of risk or to simply identify any lack of compliance with the category plan.
- Accountabilities will also include managing the supplier’s ability to comply with their contractual obligations as well as reducing risk and improving sustainability to improve the quality and reliability of the supply chain.
Category Manager’s Skills required
- Broad knowledge of contracts with the ability to draft special terms, including IPR, NPD, risk and dispute procedures, with knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions
- Be accomplished in negotiating costs and terms conditions
- Be enthusiastic with excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Be comfortable communicating a various level within the business including presentation skills,
- Be self-motivated with high self-belief and confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively
- Be commercially astute and a confident decision maker
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Have an appreciation for the intricacies of working with both large conglomerates as well as SME’s and Universities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today