MT CT 705221
Building & Engineering, Caretakers, Education, Engineer, Estates Manager, Facilities Managers, Further Education, General & Other, Health & Safety, Office Support, Other, Other, Other, Premises Officers /Managers
£9 Per Hour
Temp to Perm
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Caretaker to join and look after a lovely school based in Dartford, Kent.
Caretaker’s Core Duties
- Assist with the security of the school's buildings and grounds
- Assist with f the school's heating systems
- General porterage duties including movement of furniture and equipment within the school
- Daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas of the school bsecurityuilding and grounds according to schedule of work
- Handyperson duties which may include:
- minor repairs to furniture and fixtures
- minor plumbing tasks
- decorating tasks
- Supervision of cleaning staff or monitoring of and liaison with contract cleaning staff (as appropriate)
- Liaison with contractors and ensuring that they work in accordance with their agreed schedule of works and within health and safety guidelines
- Carrying out the annual cycle of portable electrical appliance testing
- Carrying out legionella checks of the water systems
- Such other duties which may arise from the use of the premises
- Contribute to a working environment which supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
Caretaker’s Skills required
- Experience of working in school or similar environment, would be useful
- Portable Appliance Testing training, would be useful, full training will be given
- Awareness of the requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post.
- General DIY and painting and decorating skills.
- Experience using domestic power tools for appropriate repair and maintenance tasks
- Hold a (DBS) check, preferably on the update service.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today