Bricklayer, Building & Engineering, Caretakers, Carpenter, Education, Electrician, Engineer, Estates Manager, Facilities Management, Facilities Managers, General & Other, Health & Safety, Heating Engineer, Labourer, Other, Other, Other, Other, Painter, Plumber / Mechanical fitter, Premises Officers /Managers, Primary School, Sheet Metal Worker, Site Manager, Supervisor, Trades & Labour
£16,500 to £17,500 Per Annum
+ Overtime, Part time + Bens
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Caretaker to join and look after a lovely school and grounds. The work involves carrying out a range of duties to ensure the safe and secure opening and closure of the school and upkeep and maintenance of the buildings and site.
The role is offered on an All Year Round basis, working Monday to Friday. Ideally, we would like the Caretaker to work 2 shifts per day.
- AM Shift – 7.30am to 8.30am (5 hrs)
- PM Shift – 1.00pm to 6pm (25 hrs)
We will accept applications from candidates wishing to cover either the AM or PM shift only too.
Maximum weekly working hours, covering both shifts, is 30 hours per week. The post holds a salary of Local Authority Pay Scale H3 (£16,781 pro rata).
From time to time you may be asked to vary your hours for school events Cover of lettings may also be required, which is paid as overtime.
Caretaker’s Core Duties
- Security of the school's buildings and grounds
- Operation of the school's heating systems
- General porterage duties including movement of furniture and equipment within the school
- Daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas of the school bsecurityuilding and grounds according to schedule of work
- Handyperson duties which may include:
- minor repairs to furniture and fixtures
- minor plumbing tasks
- decorating tasks
- Supervision of cleaning staff or monitoring of and liaison with contract cleaning staff (as appropriate)
- Liaison with contractors and ensuring that they work in accordance with their agreed schedule of works and within health and safety guidelines
- Carrying out the annual cycle of portable electrical appliance testing
- Carrying out legionella checks of the water systems
- Such other duties which may arise from the use of the premises
- Contribute to a working environment which supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
Caretaker’s Skills required
- Experience of working in school or similar environment
- Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of a wide range of users of the school
- Knowledge of efficient cleaning methods and material is desirable (COSSH)
- Evidence of success in completing handyperson or DIY tasks (paid or unpaid)
- Portable Appliance Testing training, would be useful, full training will be given
- Asbestos Awareness training, would be useful, full training will be given
- Legionella Awareness, full training will be given
- Awareness of the requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post.
- General DIY and painting and decorating skills.
- Experience using domestic power tools for appropriate repair and maintenance tasks
- Able to complete and pass a criminal record enhanced check (DBS)
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today