Cab Sup 3238936
Building & Engineering, Utilities
£45,000 Per Annum
Perm or Contract £45k or £250 / day
Essex / Cambridge
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Civil Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for Cable Supervisor to join a highly successful National provider of telecommunications services to mobile & fixed network operators.
Salary: £45,000.00 or £250.00 day rate without van and fuel card/£200.00 with van and fuel card
Working Hours: 40 Location: Cambridge/Essex: PAYE (Pension, 25 days holiday, health care)
Cable Supervisor’s Core Duties
- To supervise and line manage the cabling/splicing gangs to ensure control and management of the 3rd party civils/cabling sub-contractors, on-site
- To meet OHS, construction, build quality, productivity and efficiency targets
- To manage any welfare requirements of the cabling/splicing gangs
- To liaise with local authorities and residents as appropriate to ensure compliance with local requirements prior to and during any activity.
- To ensure that the correct liaison with local authorities and residents has taken place and any local requirements are adhered to
- To attend any meetings as required, on-site or at the local authorities’ premises
- To provide technical expertise and be the single point of contact/escalation on all aspects of fibre build and construction; this includes cabling and splicing/testing activities, plus production/completion of associated (as-built) documentation within agreed timescales
- To manage and track the build/construction team deliverables, ensuring compliance with OHS, contract obligations, and achievement of SLAs and KPIs
- To deliver the agreed monthly site audit documentation and implement any corrective action/continuous improvement plans
- To provide regular progress updates of individual jobs to the fibre services teams as required
- To be an on-call supervisor (scheduled as part of the agreed rota) to manage any fibre network maintenance call outs to satisfactory resolution. This includes providing regular reports and customer updates
Cable Supervisor’s Key Experience
- Detailed experience of UK fixed and cable operator network build guidelines and ways of working, including GPON, FTTX and HFC networks.
- Accredited and experienced working on PIA UG and OH.
- Good network within the UK fibre services industry - both suppliers and customers
- Excellent understanding of fibre network architectures and network topologies
- 5+ years of network build experience in the UK fibre services industry.
- Excellent knowledge of FTTx topology including mixed networks with GPON, G.Fast, VDSL, HFC, DOCSIS
- Strong knowledge of available passive components applicable to FTTx networks and FTTx deployment technologies
- Extensive experience of telecoms deployment, including Detailed Design and As-Built Engineering
- Extensive experience conducting quality control of fibre engineering build
- Experience of managing OSP civils operatives and cabling/splicing engineers
- Solid understanding of OSP network build key drivers affecting cost in OSP network roll outs
- Profound understanding of customer challenges within fibre network domain
- Shows personal accountability and result oriented behaviour at all times
- Good knowledge of network build from exchange/head end to customer premises
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations and up-to-date working knowledge of related legislation
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents
Are you enthusiastic about the Cable Supervisor’s job? Send us your CV in word format today