Management & Senior Executive
£75,000 Per Annum
Scintillant specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the scientific sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Biorepository Project Manager to join our client based in Norwich, on a contract basis until the end of March 2020.
Your main purpose is to provide effective project management for the development of the Biorepository infrastructure and staffing, ensuring that the project runs smoothly and to a higher standard, fulfilling all requirements of the client partnership.
· Ensure effective operational management and administrative support for the creation of the Biorepository, liaising with participating partner organisations as required.
- Supporting the Biorepository Director by appraising possible software options for the delivery of the Biorepository project, making recommendations and overseeing installation.
- Supporting the Biorepository Director with the finalisation of the planned staffing structure and associated recruitment exercises.
- Developing and maintain effective communications and working relationships with partner organisations.
- Working closely with representatives of partner organisations to sign off expenditure for equipment.
- Escalating issues as appropriate to ensure the project targets are achieved to agreed timescales and budget.
- Ensuring the creation and retention of appropriate financial records.
- Play a key role in the preparation and completion of reports to BR Board and to funding bodies.
- As agreed with the line manager, any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post
- Biomedical or scientific degree (or equivalent)
- Project management qualification (or equivalent experience)
Relevant Experience and skills:
- Successful project management delivery in a medical and/or scientific environment
- Assessment and implementation of big-data software management
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail and a thorough, methodical and flexible approach
- Ability to manage and organise workloads from a diverse project portfolio within strict timeframes
- Competent in using a broad range of computerised systems to support project management and information dissemination
- Influence and persuade at a senior level