Accountant, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller, Finance & Accountancy, Other
£25,000 Per Annum
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Accountancy. We have an excellent opportunity for an Account Payable Team Leader to join this busy department where you will be responsible for all inter-company accounts and the processing of departmental payments, making sure that goals are met.
Account Payable Team Leader’s Core Duties
- Responsibly lead, supervise and coordinate the work of the team, ensuring a high level of motivation and morale is maintained and individual potential is encouraged and developed.
- Act as a point of contact for the team for escalated complex enquiries including complaints
- Organise the team flexibly including annual leave/sickness cover
- Assist with recruitment, induction and disciplinary issues, taking advice from HR department where necessary
- Ensure that incoming communications are processed promptly and appropriately
- Ensure accuracy of all work during the month ensuring the deadline for the supplier payment runs are able to be achieved
- Analysing, apportioning and ensuring the correct nominal codes have been applied to invoices received and that the appropriate rate of VAT is applied
- Ensure that departmental KPIs are adhered to where possible
- Set up new supplier accounts in line with the company policy and procedure.
- Ensure that monthly reconciling of supplier statements is effectively carried out
- Ensure the team regularly maintain the Analysis spreadsheet for the Auditors
- Investigate debit balances and supply the Finance Team Manager with a ‘Lates’ file each month
- Compilation and submission of the weekly supplier payment runs for approval by the Finance Team Manager
- Ensure the inter-company trading balances are all neutral and that the Purchase Ledger control account is fully reconciled prior to each month end close.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and employment
Account Payable Team Leader’s Skills required
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at grade C or above
- Ideally Purchase Ledger Management role experience with exposure to managing supplier accounts within a similar size organisation
- Supervisory experience is an essential attribute with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Good understanding and experience of the wider accounting function
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today